About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is Irene Owens. My greatest passion in life is Art. I love drawing portraits, painting whimsical pictures and illustrating for children. I also collect children's books and hope to one day get one of my own picture books published. I have a shop on Etsy where I sell my prints, hand painted pendants and mirrors. In this blog you will find artists that inspire me, brilliant handmade creations and my own art. I hope you enjoy my posts.

Thursday 12 January 2012

Valentine's Day Gift Ideas

So, Christmas and New Year's are over... what is there to look forward to? Valentines Day! I know, I know, Valentines Day has become one of those commercial holidays with no substance. However, I still think it's a good opportunity to treat your loved one, show them that you care. Of course, you could do it any time of the year and not when the ads on telly tell you to, but sometimes we get so wrapped up in our daily life, we simply forget to even say "I love you", not to mention get a gift for your lover. So let's play along and do the Valentine's!

Now, don't even think about buying a box of  chocolates from your nearest petrol station! Here's a selection of gorgeous hand made goodies which will make your loved one feel truly special.

Valentine's Day Gifts for Wives and Girlfriends


This raw silk purse is to die for! Husband, if you're reading this, it's a definite HINT.
Available from BoudicaBags for $78.00




This ring is so very pretty and romantic. Can you believe it's made from clay?
Available from RykhlinskaARTstudio for $70.00



My own hand painted silver pendant. Sold here TinyRed for $31.45




Rose petal scented candle will help set the mood for love.
Available here JenSanCandles for $8.25




This bear is just so charismatic! I really like his jumper as well :)
Sold here zverrriki for $166.50



Valentine's Day Gifts for Husbands and Boyfriends 


Think ties are boring? Think again! These ties are brilliant.

Available here Cyberoptix for $40.00 and $30.00



 How cool are these cuff links?  
Available here SecretFind for $19.50



Wrap him up in this stylish scarf.
Available from MyHobbyShop for $25.00



I hope you like my ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Finally, when planning a trip for Valentine’s Day it is very important to make sure you select a location which both you and your partner will really appreciate.valentine's day gift ideas for girlfriend

    ReplyDelete